Stok Kangri (Alt. 6140 Mtrs.) stands very close to Leh and is named after the Stok village. Easy to climb from the north side. …
- Trip Inclusions/Exclusions
- Booking Terms & Conditions
Stok Kangri (Alt. 6140 Mtrs.) stands very close to Leh and is named after the Stok village. Easy to climb from the north side. The shortest time required is 4-5 days. One should have enough time to acclimatize in Leh before Climbing Stok Kangri. Best time to Climb Stok Kangri is June – July-August-September.
No details found.
Drive from Leh to Stok and trek to MankarmoMorning drive to Stok village is about 15 kms from Leh. Start walking from the trekking point along the stream. It is long and cumbersome walk through the valley. There are many shepherd camps in the different entrances of the sub valleys. The Mankarmo Camp is at the point from where the valley turns southward. It is possible to trek up to the first base camp in a day, but to get acclimatized it is recommended to make in two days. The Camp at Mankarmo is on the river bed. There are no toilet facilities.
Mankarmo to Base CampKeep walking in the same direction for around 30 minutes and then head towards southward. It involves crossing the stream at several points during the forward march. You reach at the camp after vertical ascent. Take care of your food and clothes from animal around. Overnight stay in the Camp.
Base Camp to Summit to Base CampKeep your torch and other climbing gears ready before you set off early morning around at least by 4 am so that you get in time at the advance base camp and then wait till the day breaks for enough light to do the climbing. Start crossing the glacier towards south-east and then climb the peak to the western side. There are two ways to go up, one from the right side of the glacier, which is more technical and on the left side trail is easier having steps of rocks to do the summit. You can follow the same route back to the camp.
Base Camp to Stok to Leh dropToday morning after the breakfast walk down to Stok and from there drive to Leh.
- Transportation pick up and drop to and from Leh to Stok trekking point.
- 02 professional climbing/Trekking guide during the summit
- IMF fees for Stok Kangri
- Ponies to carry your baggage’s/ Kitchen equipments
- Accommodation in twin sharing three men tents
- Cook with supporting Kitchen Staff as requested
- All meals ( Ladakhi, Tibetan, Indian, Chinese, Continental)
- Kitchen tent & dining tent
- Insulated Mattresses
- Walkie talkies
- All camping equipments
- Oxygen cylinder and basic first aid kit to be carried by your guide
- All wildlife, Camping charges
- All required trekking equipment
- Personal Porters for carrying trekker’s backpacks
- Personal insurance or cost of emergency evacuation
- Purchases of personal natures (like mineral water bottles/bottled or canned beverages/chocolates/dry fruits etc).
- Food to/from the trail head.
- Any travel/medical insurance.
Things to Pack:
Rucksack, cotton clothes, good trekking shoes, a warm jacket, Gloves, warmer, woolen or monkey cap covering head and ears, UV rays protected sunglasses, raincoat, extra socks, water bottle, torch, cold cream, sunscreen, toilet soap, towel, Walking Stick medicines that you usually use.
Please note: Equipment like Crampons, Ice axes, Snow boots, down feather Jackets will not be provided from our side. Client must carry by them self or they will have to heir it in Leh.
- For booking our packages you have to 100 percent advance and reaming payment you have to pay in Manali.
- Please confirm your package cost, inclusion and departure dates before package booking through e mails.
- If due to Natural, government or local issues if some sightseeing is not possible it will non refundable.
- The price is applicable in case of 10 pax trekking together. Any change in the number of pax would change the price accordingly.